Summary of Professional Experience:
Lauren Erickson, owner of Erickson Flute & Ensemble LLC, has been a semi-professional flautist for 18 years. She has performed as a featured soloist and in ensembles, including professionally in the trios Expressive Interlude and Kids Take Note. In 2002, Lauren paired up with DL Turner for Angelic Harp and Flute performing at numerous private functions and corporate events. She has recorded on joint ventures including “Creation” (available at www.celestialharpandflute.com) and “My Music and Me”, where she wrote her own original flute parts. Her stage presentation delights and warms audiences, inviting them to experience the fullness of each work.
Lauren has also been dedicated to the promotion of music appreciation among her local community through various fraternal and national organizations. Lauren is an active member of several professional music organizations, including the National Flute Association, Farmington Musicale, and Sigma Alpha Iota, a women’s national music fraternity. She has served in committee chair capacities, as master of ceremonies and as performer of music throughout the Metro-Detroit area. Lauren is also a member of St. John Neumann’s Church in Canton where she actively performs in the music ministry.
Lauren resides in Plymouth with her husband and two daughters.
Lauren formed her own business in 2002 as Erickson Flute & Ensemble, LLC. The majority of her performance bookings have been the result of referrals from those who have seen her play with great passion and professional excellence. The following briefly highlights the most recent notable performances and achievements:
· By personal invitation, auditioned for and was accepted as a new member of the Tuesday Musicale.
· Invited to perform for the Michigan Federation of Music Clubs Southeast District Fall meeting and luncheon.
· Performed at the Farmington Hills Library Grand Reopening. Rather than serving as background music, the Flute and Harp duo drew a crowd and performed a mini-concert for children and adults of all ages.
· Performed throughout Metro-Detroit with harpist D.L. Turner for Harpstrings.com (now called celestialharpandflute.com). Wrote accompanying flute music for several original D.L. Turner songs.
· Accompanied Noriko Ernst, Doctorate in Organ Pedagogy from University of Michigan, at her recital in Farmington Hills.
· Invited to be on the Dearborn Symphony sub list by Manager, Kathy Zuchniewicz, following a Farmington Musicale Mozart concert. Performed with the Orchestra in February 2005 as the First Flutist.
· Invited to record Flute & Harp and Flute & Guitar for the St. John’s Centers Wedding DVD.
· Delivered a Lecture and Presentation on the flute along with a Celtic Harpist for the Plymouth Symphony Orchestra for disadvantaged children.
· Helped formed the trio “Expressive Interlude” in the early ‘90’s that performed for small church and wedding functions in the Metro-Detroit area.
· Performed at children’s church concerts, Brownies and Girl’s Scout parties around the Metro-Detroit area with the group, “Kids Take Note.”
· Performed at a benefit concert, “Celebrate the Month of the Young Child,”, sponsored by Metro-Parent Magazine, at the Royal Oak Music Theater. Other performers included: Gemini and Marc Thomas.
· Organized, planned and executed several recitals, through the national music fraternity, SAI, encouraging musicians of various calibers to enjoy their gifts and share their love of music with others.
· Performed as the Featured Flautist on the 2000 St. John Neumann Christmas Concert CD.
· Presented and organized the Farmington Musicale concert, “In The Pink”, offering the best of Henry Mancini’s fun and fascinating music in a blend that delighted all who attended.
· Performed with numerous local professional musicians on ensemble pieces, including, Joan Haggard, organist and pianist in Livonia, and John Kane, Director of Music at St. Peters Church.
Recent 2004 Performances and Bookings for Erickson Flute & Ensemble, LLC:
St Peter and Paul Banquet, Dearborn Pine Knob Mansion
Beacon Hills Golf Club The Glacier Club
Waldenwoods Resort Bay Point Golf Club
Dearborn Ctr of Performing Arts Hyatt Regency, Dearborn
New Testament Ch. Of God, Detroit Adat Shalom Synagogue
Lafayette Grande, Pontiac Belle Isle Conservatory
Temple Sher Shalom St Andrews Presbyterian
Farmington Hills Library Hammel Music Concert Hall
North Congregational Church, F. Hills Plymouth Community Arts Council
Detroit Institute of the Arts Southfield Civic Center
Livonia Mall Stage Albion College
Presbyterian Village, Redford
Partial Performance Listing from 2002-2003:
Henry Ford Estate Pool Room, Dearborn Tanglewood Golf Resort, South Lyon
Rotary Club concert at The Fairlane Club, Dearborn Grosse Isle Country Club, Grosse Isle
English Inn Castle, Eaton Rapids Wyngate, Oakland Township
Presbyterian Village, Redford El Dorado Golf Course, Commerce
Halstead Place, Farmington Hills Botanical Gardens, Ann Arbor
Brides-To-Be Bridal Show, Hyatt, Dearborn Champaign Brunch, Embassy Suite, Livonia
Farmington Musicale Benefit Concert Mill Race, Northville
Private party, Novi
Lauren has been profoundly influenced by her former teachers and wishes to continue the legacy of love for flute music in the next generation of flautists. Highlights from her 18-year teaching career include:
· Students placed first and second at the at the 2002 Farmington Musicale Scholarship, and First place in 2004 Scholarship competition
· Prepared students for Solo and Ensemble contests. Most students received first place finishes.
· Mentored a young flute student for the past 8 years, who has graduated college with a degree in Music Education and is now teaching music.
Sigma Alpha Iota (College ‘86-‘89, Pontchartrain of Detroit Alumnae Chapter member, ‘91-present)
· Newsletter editor, two years
· Vice-president of Ritual, two years
· Treasurer, two years
· Hospitality Chair Person for the 100th Anniversary convention in Dearborn, August 2003.
· Corresponding Secretary, 2004-present
Farmington Musicale (’97-present)
· Board Vice-President
· Recording Secretary, ‘05-present
Southeast Michigan Flute Association (’02-present)
· Founding Member
· Treasurer, 2004-present
Tuesday Musicale (’04-present)
• Member, audition required
National Flute Association (’04-present)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
· Awarded the prestigious Thomas J. Smith Scholarship (tuition waiver) as a first year student. It was the first time a freshman was the recipient of this performance-based scholarship.
· Performed in the nationally renowned top Wind Ensemble under the direction of James Keene
· Accepted as an understudy to Alexander Murray, Head Professor of Flute. This honor is rarely awarded to Education majors.